Weston Park Hospital - Sculpture on front wall

Ratter

Hello ... there is a large sculpture on the front of the Weston Park Hospital.

Does anybody know what the design is symbolic of ... who sculpted it ... and when.

I have tried every source including the NHS History Group and Picture Sheffield but nobody seems to know.

Cheers

There's a large stone plaque outside the doors to reception with the hospitals original name on it - that might offer some clues

Hello ... unrecordings ... and thank you so much for your investigations and solving the query.

Firstly ... I am aware of large stone plaque outside the front door of WPH ... this carries the inscription DAVID MORRISON RESEARCH DEPARTMENT and was saved from the building, formerly in Wellesley Road, which was the forerunner of WPH.  It was located opposite the Charles Clifford Dental Hospital.  There are a number of pictures on Picture Sheffield.  Thank goodness somebody had the foresight to save it.

Secondly ... the information on the WPH Sculpture is superb and very comprehensive. Thank you again.  I will add the details on my photographs of WPH on the GEOGRAPH Web Site ... which should make it easier to source if anybody else is as intrigued as I was.

Cheers