Shop on Loxley Road

rojoblanco

Does anyone know of any photos that exist of the shop at 10 Loxley Road Malin Bridge (opposite what was The Yew Tree )in the '70's or '80's? I can only find one from the '60's when the shop was Bowaters.

There doesn't appear to be any photos of the actual shop front, although I found one looking back up Loxley New Road to the junction with Loxley Road on 'Yew Tree corner'.

The shop is on the left, just beyond 'Reliance Rewinds' (now a bespoke conservatory builder) and the black lettering on a white background appears to read 'AUTOCONOMY'?

If that's correct, was it a motor spares discount shop, similar to Fred Hartley's of the same era? Looking at the 'Y' reg Fiesta (1983), it's within the period you were looking for

I've pasted the link below, added some photos and enlargements, so see what you think.....

http://www.picturesheffield.com/frontend.php?keywords=Ref_No_increment;EQUALS;t04145&action=zoom&pos=11&id=34438&continueUrl=

Screenshot 2019-02-02 at 18.22.28.jpg

Screenshot 2019-02-02 at 18.23.20.jpg

Screenshot 2019-02-02 at 18.21.28.jpg

Thanks R.Longden.I knew it was a car spares shop but not seen any photos of the front sadly.