Carbrook Hall

Gamal

Why couldn't the Hall be taken apart and re-assembled in a more appropriate place, Meersbrook Park, Graves Park etc, the area where it's stands now is not the rural area it was, the steel works did bring wealth to the city but when the works closed it was the death knell for the Hall, plus the slum clearance of Attercliffe took away it's clientele. I hope Starbucks do it right but I just cannot see it being a success as there are just to many restaurants and coffee shops already in the area and there's only so much coffee a person can drink, personally I just cannot see the fascination of these expensive outlets.

As you`re saying tozzin!  looking on the bright side(no pun intended) at least it will get some well deserved maintenance and lets hope any work carried out internally compliments the original decor.

Just working from the early census records the Hall became an Inn sometime between 1851 & 1861.

Carbrook Hall in 1851 was the home of George Bradford a farmer of 100 acres employing 2 men, by the time of the 1861 census it was trading as the Carbrook Hotel in the ownership of publican William Bunting and his wife Elizabeth.

Carbrook Hall.jpg

• Like 1