Coal pit Lane

EllisSearcher

As most of my family appear to have lived around what is now Upperthorpe, Netherthorpe, through to the town centre along Solly Street and Townhead Street, I was hoping to find Coalpit Lane near there as I have a branch of my family living there.  I know roads ‘disappear’ over time and wondered which map I should look at to see if there ever existed Coalpit Lane in this area.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks 

13 minutes ago, EllisSearcher said:

As most of my family appear to have lived around what is now Upperthorpe, Netherthorpe, through to the town centre along Solly Street and Townhead Street, I was hoping to find Coalpit Lane near there as I have a branch of my family living there.  I know roads ‘disappear’ over time and wondered which map I should look at to see if there ever existed Coalpit Lane in this area.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks 

Coal Pit Lane became Cambridge Street

There are many posts on this very site mentioning Coal Pit Lane and containing probably more information in one place than you will find anywhere else  EllisSearcher .  Here is a link to search results I have just done, I hope you find something useful in that lot     ---------      https://www.sheffieldhistory.co.uk/forums/search/?q="coal pit lane"&sortby=relevancy