Joseph Batty

iansheff

I'm not related but as this family came from my side of town I picked out a few points, which you may already have:

A school record from SheffieldIndexers, giving his date of birth:

Batty, Joseph (Student, dob 09 Dec 1917).
     Parent or guardian name(s): Joseph (~), of 163 Channing Rd.
     Admitted to Marlcliffe Rd Mixed Council School, Wadsley, as of 26 Aug 1929, 
     until 23 Dec 1931, reason for leaving: Over age. Previously attended Walkley C.

His birth was not registered until the next quarter. The index lists his mother's maiden as WILKINSON.

His parents marriage from Indexers:

BATTY, Joseph (Bachelor, age 22, Furnace man, residing at 26 Craven St).
    Married Charlotte WILKINSON, on December 25, 1906, by Robert Newton Dewe (Banns) at 
    St Philips Church, Shalesmoor.  Father's name is Charles Batty (Furnace man).
    Married in the presence of Harry Youle,Rebecca Wilkinson.
WILKINSON, Charlotte (Spinster, age 21, ~, residing at 19 Dun St).
    Married Joseph BATTY, on December 25, 1906, by Robert Newton Dewe (Banns) at 
    St Philips Church, Shalesmoor.  Father's name is William Wilkinson (Grinder).

His own marriage in 1944:

BATTY, Joseph (Bachelor, age 26, Detective, residing at 95 Burgoyne Rd).
    Married Lilian May June Townley RIVETTE, on April 29, 1944, by H K Smith (Banns) at 
    St Bartholomew, Langsett Rd.  Father's name is Joseph Batty,deceased (Furnaceman).
    Married in the presence of Alfred Rawson,Charlotte Pigott.
RIVETTE, Lilian May June Townley (Spinster, age 22, ~, residing at 1 Wood Cottage Kingswear Devon).
    Married Joseph BATTY, on April 29, 1944, by H K Smith (Banns) at 
    St Bartholomew, Langsett Rd.  Father's name is Edward Townley Rivette (Traveller).

• Thanks 1

Joseph's BATTY grandparents Charles and Clara are buried at City Road.

I'm not sure about his WILKINSON grandparents William and Henrietta.
William *may* have died in 1916, buried City Road.
Henretta *may* have then married John SMITH

I have some details, he was my Grandmothers nephew. I just wondered if there was anyone as I have a picture of an article in the Star about him attending Buckingham palace to receive the  DSC from the king. I also have a photo and am not sure if it is him, I believe it is but cannot verify it as I cannot get the name from the number on the collar.

• Thanks 1

On 15/11/2018 at 22:09, HughW said:

I'm not related but as this family came from my side of town I picked out a few points, which you may already have:

His birth was not registered until the next quarter. The index lists his mother's maiden as WILKINSON.

Married Charlotte WILKINSON, on December 25, 1906, by Robert Newton Dewe (Banns) at 

Married Lilian May June Townley RIVETTE, on April 29, 1944, by H K Smith (Banns) at 
    St Bartholomew, Langsett Rd.  Father's name is Joseph Batty,deceased (Furnaceman).
RIVETTE, Lilian May June Townley (Spinster, age 22, ~, residing at 1 Wood Cottage Kingswear Devon).
    St Bartholomew, Langsett Rd.  Father's name is Edward Townley Rivette (Traveller).

I am the son of Joseph Batty as mentioned. My mother is Lillian May Batty. Nee Townley Rivett. 

Just now, Paul Batty said:

I am the son of Joseph Batty as mentioned. My mother is Lillian May Batty. Nee Townley Rivett. 

My father was awarded the DSC at Buckingham Palace

On 15/11/2018 at 22:09, HughW said:

That is my father Joseph Batty. My mother is Lillian May Batty nee Townley Rivett. Still alive at 99 yrs old.