Star Links

History dude

Just to let people know that posting Star Newspaper links is a waste of time, since any page is blocked by the registering process they use. You might be registered, but other people are not. And as the Star is a bad publication which attacks working class people, some of us will not support the publication by registering.

I suggest if it is important for others to view than use a screen capture on the story and past it as a picture.

I wasn't aware of any problems with Star links so I would be interested to know other members experiences of this. I am not registered with The Star and don't even allow their cookies but can see all the pages linked to from this and other sites. I do get a message at the top of each Star page asking me to register or sign in, I just ignore it and can see the pages OK.

I am not able to judge The Star's content, politics or policies, I have not seen a printed copy for over thirty years.

For some reason I can't ignore the register screen as there is nothing to click to get shut of it.

My personal hatred of the Star goes back many years when they constantly attacked the Manor Estate, even on positive stories. Such as when the slagged off Manor Development Company site opening by Princess Anne. The centre was nearly full with small business before it opened and was soon full, so much so that they had to build a second site to cope with demands!

I suspect other estates would benefit from such projects, run by local people. As opposed to building very large industrial units in Attercliffe, because the developers doesn't want to collect rents from small individual units, which there is a high demand for from small business such as those seen on the new Amazon TV advert.