Site Problem 3

boginspro

Same here Oldbloke , I can see your post on "Activity" but when I click on it I get the blank page. I have turned off email notifications, since my last post I received another couple of hundred.

I keep getting blank pages. When i click a topic etc i get a blank page and it asks me to sign in again then says oops something went wrong.

I'm still having problems with pages loading sometimes with the CSS doesn't load and others are just blank. I can see that there are replies, but they're not showing up without multiple page reloads.

1 hour ago, Oldbloke said:

I'm still having problems with pages loading sometimes with the CSS doesn't load and others are just blank. I can see that there are replies, but they're not showing up without multiple page reloads.

I was still having a few problems, clearing my browser cache solved it for me, in fact I turned the cache off altogether.

8 hours ago, Oldbloke said:

w3.org do report 3 CSS errors on the home page at the moment.

I keep a few browsers on my operating systems  to check that my own websites are never browser specific. I tried this site on nine different browsers and found similar problems to those you describe on two of them and one browser which froze.

The browsers that gave problems for me on this site were not popular main stream browsers. (Cyberfox, Midori and Vivaldi)

I could not try any Windows only browsers because I have not got a Windows operating system installed on any of my computers at the moment.

• Thanks 1

Firefox is giving me least problems, Vivaldi is always problematic, though it is getting better. I won't use the Microsoft browsers unless I'm testing my own stuff this side of the firewall, on my own network. ;)

Safari for iPad is having none of it, when I try to launch the Sheffield History site, I get a page full of hieroglyphics!!!!

it only seems to have gone Tonto, since I update to iOS12 on Wednesday

I’m on Chrome now and Safari for Mac seems OK too.... very strange

4CE3D688-5253-454F-ABC8-CED18C96BDCA.png

I am on Linux Mint at the moment and I can't see any problems with Firefox, Opera or Seamonkey.

However the current versions of Firefox and Opera render the site as per the first picture and Seamonkey as the second.

firrefox_and_opera.png

seamonkey.png

2 hours ago, RLongden said:

I’m on Chrome now and Safari for Mac seems OK too.... very strange 

Same here, I have just tried Chrome, Safari and Firefox on my wife's iMac, all OK. Perhaps it's just because some browsers or even different versions of the same browser render dodgy HTML code and CSS better than others.

W3C code checker currently shows 25 errors for this particular post, but then if you checked something like a Facebook page it would probably report hundreds even when the page seems OK. ( Only guessing as I don't use Facebook)

https://validator.w3.org/nu/?doc=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.sheffieldhistory.co.uk%2Fforums%2Ftopic%2F17362-site-problem-3%2F%3Ftab%3Dcomments

Hopefully we can get back to history now.

I have been having problems for the last 3 days.

Tells me the site is insecure and my browser will not let me enter.

Have found a way round it but long and tedious and this needs putting right as, in my case, the problem still exists and I am missing using the site in a normal way.

I'm having constant problems viewing this site still. When I got on the site to post this, and even selecting this thread produced a white screen, which only uploaded when I refreshed the screen.

I have seen so many blank white screens I beginning to think that the site has a snow infection!

I'm still having problems too, by the looks of things and the complete lack of new posts other people are too. At present the forum is almost unusable.

I've been trying to post this reply for three days.

9 hours ago, Sheffield History said:

I had similar

All I had to do was clear my cache on my browser and that sorted it :)

Likewise, though I did have a lot of problems, I have wandered through the site recently with no problems, here's hoping .