Info of a Royal Engineer WW1

DJayne

Hi Everyone

I am wanting to find if possible any further info than that I already have and a possible photograph of my 1st cousin 4x removed. His name was Arthur Thomas Lea he was born 1884 in Sheffield and served as a Sapper in the Royal Engineers , Reg no. 295675 I know that he died on the 10th Sept 1918 . I've managed to find one or two records of him online, I know he was buried in the Sheffield General Cemetery and I've seen a photograph of a memorial that was situation in the old Castle House store, does anyone have any idea where that memorial is now? and does anyone know if there are any photographs of Arthur out there what's the best way to go about finding them.

many thanks

Some newspaper cuttings below.  His bankrupcy dragged on from 1912 until terminated by his death. He was invalidated out of the army in July 1918 having caught TB - his army records are available, please advise if you don't already have them (there are several pages).

500357991_LeaBros1912.png.adb88dc3a4c1d5073a82231f84b5f68f.png

687173520_LeaBros1917.png.bfbf4e2f6924feb82b23a63d3eb29c76.png

808554870_LeaAppointmentasTelephonist1915.png.9bb2ba39692ccb275a32678b94482962.png

926666287_LeaDeathNotice1918.png.a00ad43c5c3622067ca5e5dd9abcb177.png

Edmund

Thank you so much for the info, I was aware that he died after discharge from the army but didn't know why so that's interesting to know, I had not seen the newspaper cutting of his death,  and no I haven't got his army records are you able to post them on here or where can I find them please. 

This is amazing Thankyou so much, I too am a switchboard operator as was he, fascinating where do you find these army records I'd be interested to look up other past relatives. Do you think I will be able to find a photograph of him at Sheffield Archives/Studies library?

The military records are on Find My Past.  Sheffield Archives may also be able to help.  I've looked on picturesheffield.com and not found a photo of him, though there are pictures of Cavendish street and the Cardboard Box Company, including an internal view of Cornelius Lea's workshop.