Strange "Sheffield made" knife

britishink

I have this pocket knife that is simply marked "Sheffield made " and nothing else. 

It has that spanner which seems so specific to only one size nut, but what is it for?  A cyclists knife? 

I have seen one online stamped John Milner, Sheffield - the exact same knife but no indication of age or use. 

Any ideas? And thank you in advance. 

20180727_130133.jpg

20180727_130030.jpg

20180727_130049.jpg

20180727_130021.jpg

I was given one , years ago,  as an all purpose pocket knife...complete with amongst others... a bottle opener, file,drill, corkscrew and even a tool for extracting stones from horses hooves! I believe they are now made in China.

I did have something similar some time ago but one of the blades was a small two pronged fork and there were two sizes of spanner, I think it was described as a picnic / cyclists knife or something like that.

Here is one described as sportsman's knife bike knife for sale at £100.00 which doesn't look in as good a condition as yours.    ------------       https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/537866676/jhon-milner-rare-sportsmans-knife-bike

milner.jpg

That's the one stamped John Milner, Sheffield  - I can't find any info on him or this pattern of knife ...

John Milner and Trafalgar Works are mentioned in this post  about halfway down     ---------      https://www.sheffieldhistory.co.uk/forums/topic/727-sheffield-made/?page=4       -----------       and the picture below is from 1901 White's.

milner_john_mark_1901_whites.png

EDIT ------- I have just come across mention of apparently another John Miller, mentioned in a discussion (Period—A.D. 1873) in Leader's 1876 Reminiscences of Old Sheffield, I wonder if they were related.      ------   

QUOTE  -- About 40 years ago, in one of the gardens near what is now the top of Fawcett street, just before Bellefield house, was a whitewashed house, with sash windows, in which resided the late John Milner, who in his day was said to have been one of the best, if not the best spring-knife cutler in the trade, and notable for his great powers of debate. -- UNQUOTE