Wensley street Firth Park near old Firth Park Hotel

Spen

Hi I’m trying to trace a photograph or the address for my mother who was born in this area on 27th April 1953 . Her parents were George Wright and Majorie Wright who then moved to Shiregreen and lived on Butterwhaite road Shiregreen .If anyone has any photos or details of the area it would be greatly appreciated. I believe she was born in pre fab on Wesley street 

I think you mean Wensley Street.  Link to photos: http://www.picturesheffield.com/frontend.php?searchterms=&action=search&keywords=Keywords%3BMATCHES%3B(^|+%2B)Wensley_Street(%24|+%2B)%3B

To get the number of their house, try ringing or emailing the Sheffield Archives on Shoreham Street, and ask them if they'll look it up in the Rates Book for 1953/4

Here's the OS map 1954 map: Map_61__watermk__upload.jpg

Possibly an elder brother?:  WRIGHT, Michael George (of S6 134 Newman Rd, born 1948-05-26).    Baptised June 20, 1948, by J Lyth at St Thomas, Wincobank.  Parents name(s) are Marjorie & George (General Maker)

On 10 July 2018 at 15:18, Spen said:

Hi I’m trying to trace a photograph or the address for my mother who was born in this area on 27th April 1953 . Her parents were George Wright and Majorie Wright who then moved to Shiregreen and lived on Butterwhaite road Shiregreen .If anyone has any photos or details of the area it would be greatly appreciated. I believe she was born in pre fab on Wesley street 

On 10 July 2018 at 15:46, Edmund said:

I think you mean Wensley Street.  Link to photos: http://www.picturesheffield.com/frontend.php?searchterms=&action=search&keywords=Keywords%3BMATCHES%3B(^|+%2B)Wensley_Street(%24|+%2B)%3B

To get the number of their house, try ringing or emailing the Sheffield Archives on Shoreham Street, and ask them if they'll look it up in the Rates Book for 1953/4

Here's the OS map 1954 map: Map_61__watermk__upload.jpg

Possibly an elder brother?:  WRIGHT, Michael George (of S6 134 Newman Rd, born 1948-05-26).    Baptised June 20, 1948, by J Lyth at St Thomas, Wincobank.  Parents name(s) are Marjorie & George (General Maker)

On 10 July 2018 at 15:18, Spen said:

Hi - I have just joined this site and found your message. I was born in 1952 and went to school with someone whose surname was Wright and I am sure lived on Butterthwaite Road. I also live on the Shiregreen estate not far from Butterthwaite Road. I went to Beck Road Primary School and then Hatfieldhouse Lane Sec until 1968.

I have just checked Kelly's Directory for 1961 and there are two George Wrights living on Butterthwaite Road at that time 127 and 102.

The person I was at school with, I believe lived at 127, where it Butterthwaite crosses Sicey Avenue. I have more info if this is the right Wright!

My husband was born and grew up near Wensley Street. His back garden used to back onto the prefabs at Wensley Street.

On 30 January 2020 at 11:16, Pollywolly said:

Hi - I have just joined this site and found your message. I was born in 1952 and went to school with someone whose surname was Wright and I am sure lived on Butterthwaite Road. I also live on the Shiregreen estate not far from Butterthwaite Road. I went to Beck Road Primary School and then Hatfieldhouse Lane Sec until 1968.

I have just checked Kelly's Directory for 1961 and there are two George Wrights living on Butterthwaite Road at that time 127 and 102.

The person I was at school with, I believe lived at 127, where it Butterthwaite crosses Sicey Avenue. I have more info if this is the right Wright!

My husband was born and grew up near Wensley Street. His back garden used to back onto the prefabs at Wensley Street.

Hi - Did she have a brother called Michael?