Heppenstall Lane, Attercliffe

Sheffield History

It has changed beyond recognition, the undertakers building has gone and is replaced by a car park for Highfield Motors who have the old Wigfalls building out of shot to the right and their garage has extended over the shared yard. but at least the school building and the church on the corner of St. Charles Street are still there. Perhaps I am getting old but to me almost everywhere looks plain and boring now days.

heppenstall_lane.png

• Like 1

Very unfortunate how Sheffield is panning out nowadays. Not only are we losing our heritage and historic buildings, Sheffield is looking bland and characterless unlike the past. 

• Like 1

My dad Bernard Vaughan used to be manager at Heppenstall Metals back in the 60's , early 70s. For at least a couple of years he would dress up as Father Christmas for the kids at the school next door.

No. 6 Heppinstall Lane and No. 523, Attercliffe Road former premises of Alfred A Markham and Son, funeral director with B and J Plant, plumbers No. 515 Attercliffe Road. 1970.s27233.jpg.af4304324e897865450f27100ce11b7d.jpgs27233