Sheffield history fair

Thorntons girl

I have just attended the Sheffield history fair yesterday at the Sheffield Wednesday ground and it was fabulous!!

For £2 you could have a choice of lectures to attend, there were experts on hand to help and computers to use to help your research of your family history.

There were stalls from all over Sheffield with information on their areas, such as Handsworth, Walkley, Dore, Manor castle, etc. There were stalls selling help books, maps,old Sheffield and Rotherham books.

I got some amazing bargains on books, costing as little as £2 each, rare books too!!

Refreshments were £1 a cup for a tea, coffee or chocolate!!

I met a Sheffield author, got his book and had it signed!!

There was so much to do, so much to join, to buy and to discuss with experts.

Did anyone else go? If not why? Go next time, which unfortunately wont be back for another 2 years!!

Make  a note in your diary for the next one!

Here is a link for more info

http://www.sheffieldfhs.org.uk/event/sheffield-family-history-fair/

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Thorntons girl said:

I have just attended the Sheffield history fair yesterday at the Sheffield Wednesday ground and it was fabulous!!

For £2 you could have a choice of lectures to attend, there were experts on hand to help and computers to use to help your research of your family history.

There were stalls from all over Sheffield with information on their areas, such as Handsworth, Walkley, Dore, Manor castle, etc. There were stalls selling help books, maps,old Sheffield and Rotherham books.

I got some amazing bargains on books, costing as little as £2 each, rare books too!!

Refreshments were £1 a cup for a tea, coffee or chocolate!!

I met a Sheffield author, got his book and had it signed!!

There was so much to do, so much to join, to buy and to discuss with experts.

Did anyone else go? If not why? Go next time, which unfortunately wont be back for another 2 years!!

Make  a note in your diary for the next one!

Here is a link for more info

http://www.sheffieldfhs.org.uk/event/sheffield-family-history-fair/

Looks like it would have been great. However this is the first I have heard anything about it

On 11/06/2018 at 22:13, Lyn 1 said:

I posted it on this site June 1st 

Did you go Lyn?

I probably spoke to you Lyn, I was asking information on Middlewood Hospital and you directed me to the excellent Middlewood site, I also spoke about the Northern general hospital and the old parts of it I had seen. I was told that your society had tried to save the old wards but they had been destroyed before you had a chance to see them!! It is such  a shame.

It was a fantastic day, will the next one be in 2 years time again?

It is a pity it couldnt be yearly.

On 11/06/2018 at 10:31, Peter Walker said:

Looks like it would have been great. However this is the first I have heard anything about it

They have the fairs every 2 years, they are usually advertised on this site.

The next one will be in 2020 I think so keep your eyes peeled, you wont want to miss it.

On ‎11‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 22:13, Lyn 1 said:

I posted it on this site June 1st 

I missed your post, I need to go to Specsavers (other opticians are available)

1 hour ago, Thorntons girl said:

They have the fairs every 2 years, they are usually advertised on this site.

The next one will be in 2020 I think so keep your eyes peeled, you wont want to miss it.

Many thanks for information, I have made a forward note in diary to try and remind me to look out for the next fair 

On 17/06/2018 at 19:38, Peter Walker said:

I missed your post, I need to go to Specsavers (other opticians are available)

Many thanks for information, I have made a forward note in diary to try and remind me to look out for the next fair 

You are very welcome Peter, you will really enjoy it, there is so much to do!