TICKHILL 40s DAY

Heartshome

Hello everyone. If you are looking for somewhere to go this SATURDAY 9th JUNE, and like a bit of nostalgia, TICKHILL 40s DAY is a smashing little event, with allsorts of things going on through the village all day, and the guy who is a GEORGE FORMBY tribute, will be entertaining, he is brilliant ! There will be Vintage Vehicles and Afternoon Teas, Dancing, as well as our Vintage Stall and others. Lots of visitors come dressed in 40s style to enhance the atmosphere. The locals work very hard to put this on, bringing everyone together, and it benefits so many people in the area. Come and enjoy !

I went to Rotherham on Saturday for their 50s re-enactment  I absolutely got soaked. It was a shame because there were a rock and roll band on . one of them playing the double base but they were under cover unlike the audience who were all sat holding their brollies. Most of them came dressed in 1950s dress but there seemed to be some confusion as some others came in 1940s uniforms and gas masks.

George Formby [ Paul Casper ]  did the 1940s  last year but was told this year it was the 1950s re-enactment  and some others were booked for the occasion so he never brought  his uke with him so if you do want to see the George Formby reincarnation do as Heartshome says and get yourself to Tickhill . Let's hope it doesn't rain. 

Paul Casper.jpg

23 hours ago, ukelele lady said:

I went to Rotherham on Saturday for their 50s re-enactment  I absolutely got soaked. It was a shame because there were a rock and roll band on . one of them playing the double base but they were under cover unlike the audience who were all sat holding their brollies. Most of them came dressed in 1950s dress but there seemed to be some confusion as some others came in 1940s uniforms and gas masks.

George Formby [ Paul Casper ]  did the 1940s  last year but was told this year it was the 1950s re-enactment  and some others were booked for the occasion so he never brought  his uke with him so if you do want to see the George Formby reincarnation do as Heartshome says and get yourself to Tickhill . Let's hope it doesn't rain. 

Paul Casper.jpg

Thanks ukelele lady, shame you got soaked at the 50s do. I had the honour of meeting 'George' a couple of years ago, and he actually is so much like Mr Formby, really looking forward to seeing him Sat.