Sheffield man charged with 'furious cycling'

Sheffield History

What year was that please? Here is one from 1955 and a bloke that I knew,, we didn't worry about trivialities back then and I don't think our village bobby would have nicked him for that, but there always seemed to be a new one or one from the main stations who would..

benny_gregg_1955.png

1 hour ago, lysander said:

WE could do with a few more push bikers being charged for road offences these days.

We could do with a tenth of the cars and vans on the road and 500% more cycling

I think you mean "without" and, unsurprisingly, I completely disagree with you...It wasn't so much push biking in general I was making the remark about but the shear arrogance of some cyclists. However, I don't think a History Forum is the place to argue the point about. ... I would add though that  a new ,rather impressive, cycle way appears to be being been constructed around the rear of Littledale estate and Parkway Drive ( CostCo) ...now, that's the future of cycling for the 1.5 million who cycle on a daily basis....dedicated cycle ways...after all, they estimate that sales, repairs and distribution of cycles creates some £100 million in taxation annually and it should be spent on cycling ,where an average of 100 deaths are caused by traffic accidents in the mix between heavy vehicles and unprotected human flesh!

• Like 1