Has anyone got this book?

boginspro

playing.jpg

I have just come across this book and was thinking of buying a copy. If anyone on here has a copy I would like to here what you think of the book. The front cover picture looks very appealing.      ---         https://amzn.to/2k2uTUZ

You can use Amazon's "Look Inside" facility to view 6 or 7 pages as a preview.  It seems to be set in Fir Vale and Firth Park in the 60's, looks interesting from the preview.

Thanks andy1702  and  Edmund , the title and front cover made me think it was a bit earlier, in fact he is younger than me.  Again Edmund  , thanks for the information about the "Look Inside" thing on Amazon, I never noticed that, and having read it I don't think I'll bother. Incidentally, which tram terminus is that on the front cover, I loved the trams but can't work out where that terminus is.

9 hours ago, boginspro said:

Incidentally, which tram terminus is that on the front cover, I loved the trams but can't work out where that terminus is.

Brightside I believe

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Edmund said:

Brightside I believe 

Thanks, perhaps I need stronger glasses, I see it now, I didn't even realise that the shading above the tram was a bridge at first.

I read his autobiography 'Headlong Into Pennilessness' published by ACM Retro - a most interesting read. I lived just round the corner from him and was familiar with all the places he reminisced about. He is a Sheffield born, London based poet, art critic, fiction writer and publisher contributing regularly to  the Independent, the Financial Times, the New Statesman and the Economist. His new collection of poetry is published by Savage Poets Collective of Sheffield. He was born in Fir Vale and read English at Queens College Cambridge. I sent him a copy of my book, self published, hoping to elicit some response but he was too busy.