One Emergency Dentist for Sheffield

History dude

That's right, if you are in terrible pain and it's a public holiday, when you dial 111, they will pass your details to the Emergency Dental Service. Though they can take 24 hours to get back in-touch with you, they "might" get you appointment with a one dentist. That of Taptonville Dental Surgery in Broomhill. The only one they have a contract with. If you don't like them or have issues with them you are b..... Unless you want to go to Doncaster or Goole! At your own expense of course.

It seems that NHS England have decided that a MASSIVE city the size of Sheffield only needs one emergency dentist.

Seems a bit of a waist to me having an emergency dental service with only one dental surgery on offer. They might as well have the calls directed straight to the surgery.

Crazy system:wacko:

On 12/05/2018 at 22:40, History dude said:

That's right, if you are in terrible pain and it's a public holiday, when you dial 111, they will pass your details to the Emergency Dental Service. Though they can take 24 hours to get back in-touch with you, they "might" get you appointment with a one dentist. That of Taptonville Dental Surgery in Broomhill. The only one they have a contract with. If you don't like them or have issues with them you are b..... Unless you want to go to Doncaster or Goole! At your own expense of course.

It seems that NHS England have decided that a MASSIVE city the size of Sheffield only needs one emergency dentist.

Seems a bit of a waist to me having an emergency dental service with only one dental surgery on offer. They might as well have the calls directed straight to the surgery.

Crazy system:wacko:

Hi History dude, you are absolutely right, it is totally crazy. For one thing, not everyone can drive to get there, or they don't have the money for a taxi there and back, if they live over the other side of the City. And getting there by bus, apart from trying to find out which bus/busses you need, the length of time it takes when you are in pain, is a nightmare. Really, something should be done about it, at least have another one serving people at the opposite side of the City.

I have contacted NHS England who are responsible for the contracting out of emergency dental services and they are looking into the matter as I write this.

Though I have to say I am not too optimistic that anything will result of it. 

If anyone wants to mention it to their local MP please be free to do so.

10 hours ago, History dude said:

I have contacted NHS England who are responsible for the contracting out of emergency dental services and they are looking into the matter as I write this.

Though I have to say I am not too optimistic that anything will result of it. 

If anyone wants to mention it to their local MP please be free to do so.

Hi History dude, good on you. Maybe! it would be an idea, to invite anyone, who has had great problems getting to the one and only emergency dental surgery, suffering with pain during the length of journey time, to also contact NHS England, and ask for something to be done about this matter. Perhaps! a volume of 'people power' following your initial contact might make them listen.