Can you help me???

grannypat

Does anyone have any connection to Beeley Street (off the bottom of Cemetery Road) back between 1913 and 1931? Do you have an ancestor who lived on this street? I have a very complicated knot in one of the branches of my family tree which I would love to try to unpick. Any help would be gratefully received.

The family I'm trying to find something out about was named Stevenson and there were four children who all attended St. Matthias during these years. Another family who lived on the same street who are also of interest were called Foster.
I know a lot about the Stevenson family as this is quite a close connection but I'm trying this wildcard in the hope that someone out there has the missing piece of the jigsaw.
Report Post   Edit/Delete Message

3 hours ago, grannypat said:
Does anyone have any connection to Beeley Street (off the bottom of Cemetery Road) back between 1913 and 1931? Do you have an ancestor who lived on this street? I have a very complicated knot in one of the branches of my family tree which I would love to try to unpick. Any help would be gratefully received.

The family I'm trying to find something out about was named Stevenson and there were four children who all attended St. Matthias during these years. Another family who lived on the same street who are also of interest were called Foster.
I know a lot about the Stevenson family as this is quite a close connection but I'm trying this wildcard in the hope that someone out there has the missing piece of the jigsaw.
Report Post   Edit/Delete Message

Sheffield Evening Telegraph 19 March 1920
Here's something you might not have known.
Edward Stevenson, Fined 5 shillings

Beeley st.JPG

Thank you syrup for your reply. That's really kind of you. I have seen that cutting before and it does paint a bit of a picture of what was happening at that time. I think that with three young children and another on the way at the time of that incident I can see how it might have happened.

I suppose that what I'm really looking for is information about their neighbours and the sort of things which travel down the years by word of mouth. I kind of know the bare facts but I need to try to find out some background detail which might help to give me a clue about my grandfather.I know I'm being rather vague but when you're platting fog it's difficult describe the kind of fog which you need. ? They had next door neighbours whose name was Foster who I would love to find out more about.

On 07/05/2018 at 17:52, syrup said:

Sheffield Evening Telegraph 19 March 1920
Here's something you might not have known.
Edward Stevenson, Fined 5 shillings

Beeley st.JPG

I never knew they published irregular attendances in the newspapers back in the day and fined the families, how interesting.

• Thanks 1