Who has played Sheffield City Hall?

Sheffield History

Sheffield City Hall.jpg

LIST OF BANDS WHO HAVE PLAYED SHEFFIELD CITY HALL

Does anyone have a definitive list of the bands and artists who have played live at Sheffield City Hall?

Looking to put something together and could do with some help

I rather think that there is an older thread which covered this ground.

I'll start you off with The Original Drifters + Ronnie Jones & The Q Set, The Trends and Alan Bown (with lead singer Jess Roden) in, I think, 1967 - the first proper gig I ever went to. The "Original" Drifters weren't the ones who were currently making records; they were led by Bill Pinkney who had been a Drifter some years earlier. The show was a fund-raiser for the Mojo Club and I think Peter Stringfellow was compering. He was certainly there. There may have been one more act which I have forgotten.

More like who hasn't. I saw Zep, Sabbath, Hawkwind, Motorhead and so many more I can't remember them all.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Athy said:

I rather think that there is an older thread which covered this ground.

I would just like to add one of my favourites, Buddy Holly played two shows on March 4, 1958.

This subject was well covered on this thread, perhaps they could be merged.    -------       https://www.sheffieldhistory.co.uk/forums/topic/6136-they-appeared-at-the-city-hall/

• Like 1

My first visit to the City Hall was a trip with School to see the Halle Orchestra and thanks to dunsbyowl1867 i can date it to 1956, first pop concert was Cliff Richard and the Drifters.

Went to nearly all the City Hall pop concerts with my mate's in the late 50s early Sixties, saw all the big names of the day!

One act i remember seeing that's not on the list is Marianne Faithfull?