Women Of Steel - Bronze Sculpture in Sheffield City Centre

Sheffield History

I think this statue should have been raised on some kind of plinth, where it is now, it looks as though it's been placed out of the way. There's plenty of room at the top of Fargate, near Orchard Square, but the council consider this area a cash cow for them.

I think we should have a memorial for the forgotten "Men of Steel" who also( in far greater numbers) worked long hours ,under difficult conditions, and did , amongst others,fire watching and Home Guard duties in their "out of work" time. They had family duties as well.

On 4/18/2018 at 14:15, tozzin said:

I think this statue should have been raised on some kind of plinth, where it is now, it looks as though it's been placed out of the way. There's plenty of room at the top of Fargate, near Orchard Square, but the council consider this area a cash cow for them.

I guess the plus point to having it ground level is the ability to go up close and see the detail plus have your photo took stood with them

1 hour ago, Sheffield History said:

I guess the plus point to having it ground level is the ability to go up close and see the detail plus have your photo took stood with them

I'm afraid I doubt the first option very much and the photo option may be true but I still think it's in the wrong place, like two naughty schoolgirls put in a corner.