Banner Name

tozzin

I do think that the Sheffield History banner is a bit boring,grey is a depressing colour at the best of times and the colourful City coat of arms is lost in a sea of grey. Perhaps a bit of colour may take people's interest and persuade them to stay online longer.

More than happy to try something new

I've experimented over the years with many different colour schemes but can't quite settle on one that I like

What do you reckon would be the best bet?

Something from the Sheffield Coat of Arms, it does have a great shade of green plus the  old Sheffield Corporation Transport colours , wasn't it dark blue and cream.

Brilliant banner change, it's much more in keeping with the idea behind Sheffield History, the terrible grey before was depressing to say the least. Bravo!

3 hours ago, Sheffield History said:

Thank you

Thylacine was the inspiration 

Are the colours ok?

The  colours are brilliant so so much better than before.

On 14/05/2018 at 15:57, tozzin said:

Brilliant banner change, it's much more in keeping with the idea behind Sheffield History, the terrible grey before was depressing to say the least. Bravo!

Hi everyone, I agree with you tozzin, it's 'brilliant', fresh and bold.

Inkeeping with the new banner, please can we now have something other than the 'white head' man by our info. Thanks

You should already see a change on that one

If you refresh the page it should appear :)

Has anyone else notice the Sheffield coat of arms that's proudly emblazoned on the Lancaster that's , weather permitting, flying over the Derwent dam today. I just saw the coat of arms on the plane just now on the BBC BREAKFAST NEWS.

On 16/05/2018 at 08:27, tozzin said:

Has anyone else notice the Sheffield coat of arms that's proudly emblazoned on the Lancaster that's , weather permitting, flying over the Derwent dam today. I just saw the coat of arms on the plane just now on the BBC BREAKFAST NEWS.

Hi tozzin, being a MASSIVE partaker and re-enacter at 1940s events, as far as I'm aware, the only Lancaster with the Sheffield Coat of Arms, is at East Kirkby Museum, where she is a 'taxi run attraction', I have had the privilege of going on her with my cousin. They started trying to find the parts to make her flyable again at some point, but at this point the only other 2 flying ones I know of are, the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight, and the Canadaian one.

On 16/05/2018 at 07:43, Sheffield History said:

You should already see a change on that one

If you refresh the page it should appear :)

Hia thankyou very much. Could you tell me how to refresh the page please, as I have no idea, I'm still learning.

Don't know how to put pictures on yet either, but one day i'll get there.

12 hours ago, Heartshome said:

Hia thankyou very much. Could you tell me how to refresh the page please, as I have no idea, I'm still learning. 

There are a few ways depending on your browser, if your browser is totally different from mine you will have to say which browser you are using  ------ 

1. If you right click on the tab you will get a menu, click on reload tab.

2. Right click on a blank part of the page and you should get a similar menu.

3.If you have a menu bar showing on your browser reload is probably in the view menu.

4. There should also be a squiggly arrow at the top of your browser to do the same.

reload.png

tab.png

4 hours ago, boginspro said:

There are a few ways depending on your browser, if your browser is totally different from mine you will have to say which browser you are using  ------ 

1. If you right click on the tab you will get a menu, click on reload tab.

2. Right click on a blank part of the page and you should get a similar menu.

3.If you have a menu bar showing on your browser reload is probably in the view menu.

4. There should also be a squiggly arrow at the top of your browser to do the same.

reload.png

tab.png

Hi boginspro, thankyou very much for taking the trouble to send the info. I have just switched on, to find a NEW PICTURE courtesy of SH, and brilliant it is to, our lovely Coat of Arms, what a great idea thankyou SH.

Thank you everyone

I love this community. Everyone is so great and genuinely friendly and helpful

Your'e a credit to the city :)