Made in Sheffield

ken66

Does any one know what these are, a friend has seven but unfortunately has no idea to their use

They all have the Walker and Hall cutlery Mark so presumably they are something for culinary use

Thanks WP_20180415_14_54_20_Pro.thumb.jpg.cd680628532f0b688b213d4ddff80064.jpg

Just a guess, though I have seen similar looking items but with a disc instead of the spokes. Could it be to hold meat while carving?

Sounds about right. One spear to hold the meat. The other legs for turning and supporting the meat. Possibly for a very large joint. iMO.

I don't know exactly what it's but it's NOT for holding meat, one slip with a sharp carving knife and you have a bad injury, 

7 hours ago, neddy said:

Corn on the cob holders?

Now that is a positive suggestion, I had never heard of corn on the cob holders so Googled it and there are many different designs of those on the antique sites. Also they do seem to come in large sets so this could be part of a set of even numbers.

I think it's a bit large for corn on the cob. I think it's something to do with cooking joints of meat, but not entirely certain what, maybe pinning certain cuts together while they roast ? But not for carving, there would have been a proper handle. One clue - is it plated or unplated ? My guess is that plated would have meant it would be seen on the dining table, unplated for kitchen use only