Beighton parish records lookup please

christine.e

I'm trying to verify the baptism of my 4th gt grandmother, Alice Binney.  FamilySearch has the following record (although this may have been user-submitted):

Christening 25 DEC 1741 Beighton,Derby,England. 

Findmypast and FreeReg don't have these records (I don't have an Ancestry sub.), so I'd be grateful if someone could check whether an actual baptism record exists.

Many thanks in advance.

Family Search is the Mormon's web site. If you get the details from this web site you will be able to go to the Mormon Church Just past Wadsley Bridge on the day and time specified on the web site to order a Micro film of the Beighton church parish records. Then the following week you can go and see the actual record on a viewer and take a picture of it.

I got the actual christening and marriage records of my ancestors in Kent and Gloucestershire by this method. Attached is a photo of the sort of record you get.

Henny bapt1807.jpg

28 minutes ago, Old rider said:

Family Search is the Mormon's web site. If you get the details from this web site you will be able to go to the Mormon Church Just past Wadsley Bridge on the day and time specified on the web site to order a Micro film of the Beighton church parish records. Then the following week you can go and see the actual record on a viewer and take a picture of it.

I got the actual christening and marriage records of my ancestors in Kent and Gloucestershire by this method. Attached is a photo of the sort of record you get.

Thank you very much, Old rider.  Unfortunately, I don't live in the Sheffield area, and my local Family History Library is located some distance away.  I will, however, contact them if I can't find the record elsewhere.

Sorry it looks like Ancestry doesn't have Beighton records that far back - an Alice Binney bap 1826 is the earliest I can find.  However the Genuki details for Beighton say the parish records exist from 1653 and the originals are in Sheffield Archives (not much help if you're not local).  Sadly the Derbyshire FHS searchable website doesn't have Beighton either. Your local Mormon record centre may be your best bet, unless you can get to somewhere like the Society of Genealogists in London.  

On 4/5/2018 at 20:27, auntiechaos said:

Sorry it looks like Ancestry doesn't have Beighton records that far back - an Alice Binney bap 1826 is the earliest I can find.  However the Genuki details for Beighton say the parish records exist from 1653 and the originals are in Sheffield Archives (not much help if you're not local).  Sadly the Derbyshire FHS searchable website doesn't have Beighton either. Your local Mormon record centre may be your best bet, unless you can get to somewhere like the Society of Genealogists in London.  

Thank you very much for searching Ancestry.  Unfortunately, SoG only appear to hold Phillimore's Marriage Registers for this location.  Perhaps Baptisms will come available on an online database in the near future.

Alice Binney was baptised 25 Dec 1741, father is Thomas.   From a CD I have of Beighton baptisms and burials.

23 hours ago, skelton said:

Alice Binney was baptised 25 Dec 1741, father is Thomas.   From a CD I have of Beighton baptisms and burials.

Thank you so much for looking this up, Skelton - that's saved me a lot of time visiting distant archives.