Medical Officer 1st Birthday Greetings

Heartshome

Dose anyone else have one of these ?  I found it in my Mum's special keepsake box, the card would have been sent in 1954.

It is a white card with a picture on the front, of a toddler holding a spade, playing in the sand, with a blue edging around it, signed J.H.DOWD.  -   Along the top it says ' Birthday Greetings ' -  along the bottom ' from the Medical Officer of Health Town Hall - Sheffield ' -   Inside on the left is my name, then it says ' May you have A Happy Birthday and, as the years unfold, may they present you Life's best Gift's, "Good Health and Happiness"  -  then on the right it says, ' Parents  Safeguard your Child's richest endowment, "Good Health", by accepting this opportunity of protecting your child from Diptheria by Immunisationthere is a gap then it says ' Prevention is better than Cure. A wise parent acts timely '. Across the bottom in the centre it says The First Birthday '  

I just think it was such a charming and thoughtful way of contacting parents, for a very special reason.

• Like 1