Tuckwoods Restaurant on Surrey Street

Heartshome

Screenshot 2020-04-01 at 12.14.53.jpg

Anyone remember going to Tuckwoods Restaurant on Surrey Street for 'Afternoon Tea', it was their 'Speciality'.

Once took my Mum and Auntie for a Birthday treat, it really was a 'treat'. The waitresses were dressed very smart with a white pinny, they were 'very' polite. We had cloth napkins, the Sandwiches were gorgeous with plenty of filling. If you wanted a scone with cream & jam, they were 'quality'. The cake selection was well, just, 'Oh My!' 

Tea was served proper from the pot. It was a lovely typically English Afternoon Tea experience. Mum and Auntie really enjoyed it, they had memories of going there when they were younger after it opened in 1946. It closed in 2001, shame another real Sheffield classic, 'gone'.

• Like 1

On 21/03/2018 at 22:35, Heartshome said:

Anyone remember going there for 'Afternoon Tea', it was their 'Speciality'. Once took my Mum and Auntie for a Birthday treat, it really was a 'treat'. The waitresses were dressed very smart with a white pinny, they were 'very' polite. We had cloth napkins, the Sandwiches were gorgeous with plenty of filling. If you wanted a scone with cream & jam, they were 'quality'. The cake selection was well, just, 'Oh My!'  Tea was served proper from the pot. It was a lovely typically English Afternoon Tea experience. Mum and Auntie really enjoyed it, they had memories of going there when they were younger after it opened in 1946. It closed in 2001, shame another real Sheffield classic, 'gone'.

I

I have very fond memories from my childhood in the 1960s going to Tuckwoods for lunch on a  Saturday with my Mum and Dad. I remember the waitresses in black and white outfits. We always had to queue to get in and it was always packed!

Good old English Food