Street Photographers

Heartshome

Hi everyone, do any of you remember or have a photo taken of you as a little one by a 'Street Photographer'. ? I have 2. One, taken when I was 8 months old at Broomhill, in front of the hedge around the car park, of what used to be a Clinic on the corner of Taptonville Rd, now a Dentist. Mum told me she had taken me to the baby Clinic, and said this bloke was outside taking photo's of Mums and Babies as they came out. Very on your case with the bla! bla! so she let him take the snap, and he gave her his business card. Turned out it was a nice photo, there was 1 large and 4 small ones for as far as she remembered 10 shillings.  The other, was taken stood on the pavement at the bottom of London Rd. We were on our way to get the bus to my paternal Grandparents, when Mum said this bloke in a long raincoat, and a hat pushed back on his head, swung in front of us, giving the bla! again, about what a lovely picture we would make. I was about 2 at the time, and he kept snaping away, Mum gave in to get rid of him, so we could get to the bus stop. We have just one photo of that event, if we were smiling it wouldn't be to bad, Mum was trying to show one, but 'knowing my Mummy was cross', I'm looking at the photographer with a right scowl. ( If looks could kill )  I dont think this type of behaviour would be allowed today.

Yes indeed, I have one of me aged about 4 or 5, with my late Dad, standing (I think) in Fargate. I posted it on Face Book last December in celebration of my Dad's centenary. I don't recall the snap being taken.