The number 92 bus to Woodthorpe

Sheffield History

This service started around 1954 and it terminus was Manor Park Centre, my pal and myself spent a shilling each going back and forward to Pond Street six times, brilliant, the route then terminated at the Crossways on the Manor Estate.  I had left the Manor by the time it progressed to the Woodthorpe. I don't know if any service runs via Harborough Avenue and on to Woodthorpe now. 

I attended a Funeral Service at St Theresa's two weeks ago and I couldn't believe that no service covers the old 71 route.

Harborough Avenue and Woodthorpe is served by the 25 these days. There hasn't been a frequent service such as the 71 along Prince of Wales Road for some time.

Gratuitous bus photo time lol

I remember those 1979 built Roe bodied buses well as they seemed to be the regular performers for some time on the 51, my route into Town. I also associate them with the 13 & 14 routes as well.

Another of the 1979 batch of Roe bodied Atlanteans, 1737 (which had a non-matching registration) was given a nice blue and white livery at some time in the mid-80s. Here it is on a lovely sunny day in August 1985 :wacko:

09_SY1737_05Aug85-L.jpg

Just a comment on bus livery, I went to Edinburgh last year for a few days and I was amazed at the variation of the different bus liveries and the cleanliness of the outside of the buses, the wheels were sparkling. Back to dear old Sheffield I loved the livery of trams and buses in the late forties and the fifties, today's buses look terrible.