School clinic at Shiregreen

Stunmon

Does anyone remember going to a school clinic in the 1950s in a big old school somewhere near Shiregreen Lane, possibly on the Flower Estate? I wonder if the school is still there?

I remember the school clinic and the old school we knew no longer stands. I was there in the 1950s. http://picturesheffield.com/frontend.php?keywords=Ref_No_increment;EQUALS;v00729&pos=6&action=zoom&id=42126 

Now it is a new building and combined with Hinde House. 

I would like to know what happened to the school clinic records when it closed as there is something I would like to check out. . 

Lyn

I remember going to the clinic in the 1950s on North Quadrant between Bellhouse Road and Sicey Avenue. Used to get free cod liver oil and orange juice if I remember correctly. The building is still there and operating as a clinic if goggle erth is to be believed.

Yes, the school dentist in the 40's was certainly there, a yellow card for extractions or a green one for fillings! What did you get :o?

Remember my mum going to the Welfare Clinic for cod liver oil - dreadful, malt which was yummy, and orange juice which had a taste all of its own. Seem to remember jars of Virol which I loved!!! We spent all our childhood being 'fed ' to build us up, and our adulthood dieting!!!!

1 hour ago, Lyn 1 said:

Still the school  now rebuilt but merged with Hinde House to become one large school on two sites. http://www.hindehouseprimary.net/site-map.asp

and yes the school dentist was at Hatfield House Lane School in the 50s 

The one on North Quadrant was the welfare (baby) clinic. 

I can vividly remember going to the Dentist in Hatfield House Lane Senior School whilst i served my time there

due to the fact the Dentist and his assistants were laughing at me when i came around from the Gas never did

find out what i'd done to cause their amusement whilst under.