Outlander series

Thorntons girl

Hi everyone

are there any Outlander fans out there?

If you haven't seen it then you are seriously missing out on a romantic, exciting, historical drama set in the beautiful Highlands of Scotland.

It is a series of books turned into a series. The author is Diana Gabaldon, the books are amazing.

I love it and would like to talk to any fans out there about this wonderful show.

If any one wants to chat or know anything about this show then lets chat!!

Here is a clip to whet your appetites and hopefully get you on the trail of Outlander.

We should have a similar show set in Old Sheffield, using the Peaks at a scenic back drop.

What could we call it?

Sheffielder??

Ha ha, lets work on it guys, it could be a promising show.

Enjoy the clip.

Come on, there must be some Outlander fans out there, believe me if you havent seen it you are missing a great show!!

My wife is a HUGE Outlander fan she is currently reading Book 5 The Fiery Cross.

Also watches Series 1,2 and 3 constantly and is waiting with baited breath for Autumn when Outlander  4 arrives.

She loves the characters and the adventure of it all, and thinks Sam Heughan and Catriona Balfe are fabulous in the series.

If you would like to chat about the series my wife said she would be happy to communicate with you.

Hi Forgeman

thanks for your reply.

Good to hear your wife is a huge Outlander fan!!

I was sure I wasnt alone!!

Yes I would love to chat with your wife!!

I am on the book, A breath of Snow and ashes, book 6 and it is really good.

I am always watching my DVDs too and ave just finished series 3 and cant wait for Series 4 to come out!!

Me and my friend at work were beginning to think we were the only fans in Sheffield.

Please pass my details on to your wife.

Thanks again!!

My wife is a big fan...having read all the books and devoured everything she can watch on DVD. I tried to read the first book and after a few chapters put it down where it remains unread to this day. As for watching on TV I found the sexual violence disturbing.

Hi Lysander

Yes, there are scenes of sexual violence that I find disturbing too, they are rare and they are supposed to be real experiences that happened in Scotland during the 18th century. Thank fully these are balanced with a passionate love story that overshadows the other.

I am now on the 8th book and I can honestly say the sexual violence has dramatically lessened. If you discuss the books with your wife though I imagine, like me she reads them(And watches them on tv because of the romance. I also watch it because I love all things Scotland too, the scenery, the people, the mountains, the walking etc!!

If your wife ever wants to discuss Outlander with another huge fan, tell her about me please and we can have some good chats.

Unfortunately I am still waiting for Forgeman to come back to me, he said his wife is a fan and he would let her know.

If you ever have any questions about Outlander let me know.

Send me a personal message ( with an e-mail address) and I will get my wife to contact you.

On 07/06/2018 at 18:42, lysander said:

Send me a personal message ( with an e-mail address) and I will get my wife to contact you.

Hi Lysander

I would prefer to contact you by these pages.

Thanks

Well, I doubt either of us wishes to broadcast our e-mail addresses... which is why I suggested you use the Personal Message facility on this site. That way only the two of us get to know our contact details.

On 12/06/2018 at 14:54, lysander said:

Well, I doubt either of us wishes to broadcast our e-mail addresses... which is why I suggested you use the Personal Message facility on this site. That way only the two of us get to know our contact details.

I am aware of what you are saying, what I am saying is that I would prefer to talk on these general pages and not through my email address.

My wife isn't a member but try writing something about Outlander and let's see how it works out...but I wonder how many other members would find the topic of interest.?

PS A private message wouldn't involve either yours or my wife's e-mail address!

It could start an interest!!

I would still love to speak to your wife - if possible!!