Sheffield History

Hunters Bar School

28336618_10156111817967902_6616299095236099161_o.jpg

Hunters Bar School circa 1965

Recognise anyone you know? Anyone remember the teachers names there?

Couldn’t tell you about the 60’s, but I was there (Junior school side) in the early 80’s.

Head teacher was Mr. Wilson. Also remember Miss Carter, Miss Holmes, Mr. Berry (music), Mr. Powys, and Mr. Smith.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The teacher on the right looks very much like Mr Whittlestone who was the head teacher at Firs Hill in the 50's

On 21/02/2018 at 20:40, Sheffield History said:

28336618_10156111817967902_6616299095236099161_o.jpg

Hunters Bar School circa 1965

Recognise anyone you know? Anyone remember the teachers names there?

I recognise the brick work and Boys Girls immediately, but can't remember where this was. I remember the 'Manual', which was for 3rd and 4th years to re-enter the building when a break was complete. (whistle blew)

On 22/02/2018 at 04:02, neal m said:

Couldn’t tell you about the 60’s, but I was there (Junior school side) in the early 80’s.

Head teacher was Mr. Wilson. Also remember Miss Carter, Miss Holmes, Mr. Berry (music), Mr. Powys, and Mr. Smith.

Mr Wilson was certainly still alive about 18months to  2 years ago, because I met someone who knew him

Miss Carter was there at same time but never taught me, and can't remember what she looked like.

Miss Holmes, I think had long black hair, but never taught me. The last 3 all taught me at some time.

I was at Nether Green school. One afternoon a week we had to go down to Hunters bar school for woodwork classes.

My mother went to Hunters Bar school as a junior. The attached photo could be the pupils celebrating the end of WW1 when she was there.

H Bar school.jpg

• Like 1