Dating Sites

tozzin

The adverts are based purely on what someone has in their search history or have searched for previously on the internet
e.g everyone's adverts are different

If you'd searched for garden sheds the adverts would be about garden sheds etc
It's totally personalised

1 hour ago, Sheffield History said:

The adverts are based purely on what someone has in their search history or have searched for previously on the internet
e.g everyone's adverts are different

If you'd searched for garden sheds the adverts would be about garden sheds etc
It's totally personalised

I think these advertisements are only based on your search history and cookies on your computer if you use Google search and allow Google cookies.  If you don't allow Google cookies etc. I think you get random advertisements,  Google's explanation and methods of controlling what you see below.

I am very security conscious so don't allow random Google cookies and usually use another search engine. I have not noticed these advertisements before but as long as they are not offensive or impair viewing I treat them like junk mail. Junk mail helps keep Royal Mail going as Google advertisements keep many web sites going, it's just a fact of modern life, not that I like much of modern life.. On this site the advertisements thankfully are small enough not to affect viewing of the site.

Perhaps we should have the view of some of our female members on this subject, does it bother you?

EDIT I am getting advertisements about stocks and shares, they obviously think I have more brains than I actually have.

https://support.google.com/adsense/troubleshooter/1631343?url=https://www.sheffieldhistory.co.uk/forums/topic/16909-dating-sites/&gl=GB&hl=en&client=ca-pub-3209186142524727&ai0=CeXy6I-mFWv2LE8qctgeCsrnAAbSEsKdQ1JeJ_4kGwI23ARABIIuirARgu6bKg9wKoAHc2O36A8gBCagDAcgDywSqBMgBT9CTdFWKCFmpFnjCRUMvNyXBtUB7GoBUV4kQNRM0qiuWa4_M2khNA5jxnuAaF0HMC6L9UNjIjSNIDV82sjVa4vvqs7R2-INzVUtO3mJdIARW32Frxf7lJyvgEwVBh8d5imjWnhR17BM0NSiyIqyXYaikpS75Vv8UcfphEHDGytdRTr3HwfbAszmpkVFXQQUDzl8hQh5GAMwIA-sLdQrR1WVBwxLLGnXhA099zezwjP5Pj5ue30oH4NauDBg_h6kKRcElo1Qg_SKgBi6AB4ynkgWoB6a-G9gHANIIBwiAYRABGAKxCeUgh37dn-0rgAoB2BMC&visit_id=0-636543222525256579-828660727&rd=1

Could be something you've read

e.g anyone clicking into this topic will now see dating site adverts as it's the subject of the page 

The ads are tailor made to whatever the person viewing them has seen before on the internet, searched for etc

That way the ads remain personally relevant to the person viewing them

:rolleyes:

They'll disappear as you search for and visit more pages with different topics