Sign in to follow this  
vintageaxeman

Some Kinda Mushroom

I don't remember that , but I do remember in the 70's a record shop in Chesterfield that went by the same name . My parents had a caravan in Derbyshire at the time and we went shopping in Chesterfield once whilst visiting  and I bought  'Think Pink'  by The Pretty Things and Pink Fairies drummer Twink there. Sold it on fleabay a few years ago - got nearly £200 for it !!!

On 02/03/2018 at 09:26, Sheffielder by Sea said:

I don't remember that , but I do remember in the 70's a record shop in Chesterfield that went by the same name . My parents had a caravan in Derbyshire at the time and we went shopping in Chesterfield once whilst visiting  and I bought  'Think Pink'  by The Pretty Things and Pink Fairies drummer Twink there. Sold it on fleabay a few years ago - got nearly £200 for it !!!

SKM was near the hospital. I was ill in 1974 and thought I'd had it, and walked out of the Royal in my pyjamas and dressing gown to go to SKM and bought the first Ducks Deluxe LP, still have it, cost £2.57.  Earlier I worked with a lad called Rob who was something to do with the first band I ever saw SHAPE OF THE RAIN. SKM  was a great shop. Incidentally I saw Pink Fairies at the Marquee in london and at somehwere in Derby.  Brilliant.