John Cooper, scissorsmith in 1691 - help, please!

Sonia Bennett Murray

Hello!  I believe there is a book on Sheffield apprentices before 1699.  Would some kind soul look to see if it has the apprenticeship of my ancestor John Cooper, scissorsmith?  He had a son John baptized at Sheffield in 1691 who became a sheresmith and had children by two wives, Mary Hunter (m. 1718, she d. 1724) and Anne Carter (m. 1726.)  John and Anne's daughter Elizabeth Cooper, bapt. 1731, married Thomas Bennett in 1754 and became my GGGGgrandparents.   The name Marshal has come down in the family - was there a link?  Several of Thomas and Elizabeth's children went to Belize, British Honduras and were merchants and magistrates there.  James Keneston was Thomas Bennett's bondsman on his marriage license.

Does anyone know where Thomas and Elizabeth Bennett are buried?   Has a gravestone survived?  Would love to hear from anyone working on these families. 

Thanks for your help!

Sonia

Cooper, John, baptism, 1691 (uncertain).jpg

Cutler Apprentices, Sheffield.

John Cooper son of Robert of Boothes, Hathersage, husbandman, deceased; to John Barber Junr, Shearsmith, 7, 1678,  Freedom 1685.

Marriage, 19 August 1686 at Rawmarsh.  John Cooper of Sheffield to Ann Brock of Rawmarsh.

3 hours ago, Sonia Bennett Murray said:

Hello!  I believe there is a book on Sheffield apprentices before 1699.  Would some kind soul look to see if it has the apprenticeship of my ancestor John Cooper, scissorsmith?  He had a son John baptized at Sheffield in 1691 who became a sheresmith and had children by two wives, Mary Hunter (m. 1718, she d. 1724) and Anne Carter (m. 1726.)  John and Anne's daughter Elizabeth Cooper, bapt. 1731, married Thomas Bennett in 1754 and became my GGGGgrandparents.   The name Marshal has come down in the family - was there a link?  Several of Thomas and Elizabeth's children went to Belize, British Honduras and were merchants and magistrates there.  James Keneston was Thomas Bennett's bondsman on his marriage license.

Does anyone know where Thomas and Elizabeth Bennett are buried?   Has a gravestone survived?  Would love to hear from anyone working on these families. 

Thanks for your help!

Sonia

Cooper, John, baptism, 1691 (uncertain).jpg

Here, slow to load,

https://app.box.com/s/v8n1pp9g6z7kxb2652h4hc7jc0qvub36