Liberty House

tozzin

Just a question for you, I've always wondered about Liberty House on St Marys Road, it may have been renamed Regency House now, but was this building the Oak Works of Hammond, Creake & son, Electro Plate manufacturers, what's throwing me is the small newish road that runs off Mary St to St Mary's Road, it has no name so it's a bit difficult to work out if my suspicions are correct about the Oak Works.

I've found a reference to Hammond, Creake & sons being located at 68 St Mary's Road. Google maps puts this East of Mary Street (the little road linking St Mary's Road with Mary Street. Satellite imagery shows a 3 storey building with two grey roofs running north to south and 68 appears to be near the eastern part.

1 hour ago, Hopman said:

I've found a reference to Hammond, Creake & sons being located at 68 St Mary's Road. Google maps puts this East of Mary Street (the little road linking St Mary's Road with Mary Street. Satellite imagery shows a 3 storey building with two grey roofs running north to south and 68 appears to be near the eastern part.

That little road didn't exist when  Hammond & Creake were in full production, Mary Street ran into Hereford Street, that's why I'm having difficulty with the Oak Works. 

I'm almost certain that the building was Oak Works, I've also found Mr Saint Arnaud Creakes home on Crescent Road and he Came from Ely.