Found a really old photo of Middlewood Road, Sheffield 6

Sheffield History

Middlewood Road Sheffield.jpg

This old photo of Middlewood Road tells us so much
Everything from the trams and old cars, to the fletchers van complete with the delivery driver dressed up their bakers uniform.
Just trying to figure out what the name of the business on the right is and what it was.

Does anyone know?

Enlarging the image I can clearly see Carbroook Co-operative Limited, so I assume that the unclear word above Carbrook is Brightside

I posted this picture of the B&C Co-op at the bottom of Dykes Hall Road on this post but this appears to be a different department further up the road just before Minto Road      -----------      

co-op_hillsborough.jpg

Probably not as early as the car going away makes it appear. Bottom right I think is an early version of an Austin GQU2 pickup introduced in 1947, the earlier versions had the covered back wheel. I would guess a couple of years either side of 1950.

EDIT That may be a Standard Vanguard van at the bottom of Minto Hall Road, if it is I think they were first introduced about 1948 but not generally seen in the UK until about 1950.

2 hours ago, Sheffield History said:

Middlewood Road Sheffield.jpg

This old photo of Middlewood Road tells us so much
Everything from the trams and old cars, to the fletchers van complete with the delivery driver dressed up their bakers uniform.
Just trying to figure out what the name of the business on the right is and what it was.

Does anyone know?

It's this one     -------   "Brightside and Carbrook Co-operative Society, No. 96,98 and 100, Middlewood Road (further B and C store, in addition to the other old store)"         ------------       (c) Picture Sheffield   ---------     http://picturesheffield.com/frontend.php?keywords=Ref_No_increment;EQUALS;s16907&pos=52&action=zoom&id=19591

other_bc.jpg

I never realised that dates could be ascertained from a number plate as early as the 1950.s. I thought that wasn't possible until 1963. You learn something new every day

17 hours ago, boginspro said:

It's a very interesting photo',  behind the bus I think I see a sidecar outfit with the sidecar on the offside.

I wouldn't want to be sat in that side car as the rider edges over the white line to see if its safe to overtake!!