General Cemetery

Maggie

Isaac Milner Ellis was buried at the General Cemetery in 1902. Is there any information on Plot number and whoever else may be buried with him? His son, Isaac Milner Ellis, died in 1866. Could he be buried near his father?

Thank you, Maggie

General Cemetery, unconsecrated section

grave E22

13 Aug 1866 16 Aug 1866 Isaac Milner Ellis Jnr. 6y Son of Isaac Milner Ellis, Cutlery Manufacturer 67 Monmouth St                                                       

19 Aug 1890 22 Aug 1890 Jane Ellis 50y Wife of Isaac Milner Ellis, auctioneer 15 Beechfield Road

24 Jul 1902 28 Jul 1902 Isaac Milner Ellis 71y Auctioneer 37 Montgomery Rd

[death date/burial date/name/age/description/address]

This plan at Sheffield Indexers shows section E near the top right. This is the better preserved area of the cemetery so any gravestone may have survived.

If the gravestones have not survived Sheffield records office, Shoreham Street, have records of the inscriptions. Just quote the grave number E22 to them. I got the inscription on the grave of some of my family members this way.

Hi I’m trying to find my brothers grave I believe it’s unmarked, his name is frank Hayes  dob 6/4/1947  and I think he was almost 3 when he died April 1950  I believe he’s buried in Tinsley cemetery any information   ( dates ,plot number, buried alone.)would be much appreciated  thanks , also if there’s a plot number next to or near with a head stone for reference 

1 hour ago, MHayes said:

Hi I’m trying to find my brothers grave I believe it’s unmarked, his name is frank Hayes  dob 6/4/1947  and I think he was almost 3 when he died April 1950  I believe he’s buried in Tinsley cemetery any information   ( dates ,plot number, buried alone.)would be much appreciated  thanks , also if there’s a plot number next to or near with a head stone for reference 

Sadly i can not find a Grave record but may i ask was his Death due to an accident involving a Lorry ??.

59 minutes ago, MHayes said:

Thanks for reply yes it was do you have any records , details 

Hi the only thing i could is a Newspaper article about the Accident, sadly it doesn't answer your question.

Sheffield Daily Telegraph 06 April 1950

Hayes.JPG

Burial in Tinsley Park Cemetery

grave CB122gp
HAYES Frank bur 12 Ap 1950 aged 2y son of Frank 38 Dane St/Childrens Hosp Sheffield

gp=General Portion   (denoting the unconsecrated part of the cemetery)

This is the only burial in this grave according to the published database.

This is a plan at Sheffield Indexers showing the sections in this cemetery http://sheffieldindexers.com/images/TinsleyPark_Cem_1.jpg

I believe both Bereavement Services at City Road and Sheffield Archives can provide detailed plans showing individual plots.

Hugh