Castle Street in 1964

Sheffield History

Not only cars but parking places and without meters. The Ford looks like it is almost on the bus stop, a problem that was not unusual there. Some interesting vehicles but the one that gets my attention is the sidecar outfit. Could that bike  be a Panther (Phelon & Moore). That's a bike I always wanted but I could never find one at a price I could afford, a neighbour of mine pulled a caravan with one.

7 hours ago, boginspro said:

Not only cars but parking places and without meters. The Ford looks like it is almost on the bus stop, a problem that was not unusual there. Some interesting vehicles but the one that gets my attention is the sidecar outfit. Could that bike  be a Panther (Phelon & Moore). That's a bike I always wanted but I could never find one at a price I could afford, a neighbour of mine pulled a caravan with one.

Looks like a two-tone Ford Anglia (from the rear light configuration) parked behind the Hillman Minx. Thank God you can't make out the registration number, otherwise I might have to admit some measure of liability there. :P

It had a three-speed crash-box, but otherwise was a comparatively easy car to service and maintain.

4 minutes ago, lysander said:

Or is it a Prefect...and no buses!

Single piece rear light assembly and single piece light cover suggests an Anglia. Unless an 100E Deluxe, which sometimes had two-piece light covers, sandwiching a protruding reflector.

The slightly upmarket Prefect had three separate and distinct rear light assemblies and three separate rear light covers, as I recall. The Popular, as I recall, also had three separate and distinct rear light assemblies and three separate rear light covers, in some years, but two separate and distinct rear light assemblies and two separate rear light covers in other years. In the later-case, the twin-bulb cover was mounted right in the top of the rear-wing-fin.

Had it been parked the other way around, then the radiator grill cover would have been the deciding factor.