Islamabad Restaurant at Attercliffe

Sheffield History

I remember the 'Slammer' in the mid 70's, it was a time when there were few 'basic' curry houses in Sheffield. On the menu was, chicken curry, mince meat curry or vegatable curry. The chipatis were brilliant and they also sold 'parn' a mixture of spices wrapped in a leaf which was mean't to settle your stomach and clean your teeth - happy (hippy) days! Wazzie Worrall

Guest Islamabad

Dined their in late 70s early 80. Our girlfriends refused to go. Wonderful keema piles of rotis and hellish after effects..

Yes. Remember the Slammer in the 70s . I had friends who worked at the Town Hall and it was considered a cool, trendy place to dine Attercliffe style.

Very basic menu and limited choice served in large white bowls, I think.

It was very unlike the Vesta Beef Curry I’d been buying as a curry connoisseur a few weeks previously.

• Like 1

Slammer was still going in the 90s.  Played a few gigs nearby at the little club - Take 2 - then round to the Slammer for some snap.

1st indian i had been to in late 70's. So suprised we used our fingers and chapatis to eat with. Gave me a love of indian food. Went there regularly