Game of Thrones

History dude

If you haven't watched this yet, especially if you haven't got sky buy the DVD of them. You will not be disappointed.  For one thing though set in a fantasy world, the series recreates what a medieval battle would be like in full glory detail.  It's also got a cast list to die for, including Sheffield's own Sean Bean. And if you don't like him then you are in for a treat!

The special effects are brilliant. The storylines fantastic. 

One thing I can say it's no use waiting for it to come to the main Freeview channels. As even if they could afford it they would serious problems getting it past offcom and the like. As they contain gory details, sex and really bad language. Strictly 18 rating. 

My only advice is to not watch it with your meals and don't get attached to any character in it.

I agree with all of the above, this series is amazing.

Sean Bean is fantastic in it.

There is such adventure in every episode, you cant stop watching it once you have started.

I must confess I havent watched the last series and I am awaiting it to come down in price but I have heard it is fantastic.

Is this the last series or is there more to come?

By the way if you like this you would like Outlander which is just as adventurous but set in Scotland!!

There is one more series to come, but it's not due out till 2019 and that will on Sky first. The rumour is that the episodes will be longer, but less of them. However each one will be like an episode 9, which the series prides itself on. The most famous being the red wedding one!

Catch this woman's reaction to that episode!

I have seen the latest series and you will not be disappointed.  Let's just say walls come a tumbling down! 

Have seen Outlander it has been on More Four and will return soon.

I watched the first episode and loved it

Not really watched much after that at all (if any at all)

Not caught the bug at all - it's passed me by totally

Try reading the books, lots more characters and dialogue. If you don't like reading try listening to them on Audible. Roy Dotrice met with George Martin so they are read as Martin wanted. A lot of characters dead on the Tv show are still alive in the books.

1 hour ago, Jake's Grandad said:

Try reading the books, lots more characters and dialogue. If you don't like reading try listening to them on Audible. Roy Dotrice met with George Martin so they are read as Martin wanted. A lot of characters dead on the Tv show are still alive in the books.

Are the books easy to read and flow well?

I dont like books that are too technical or scientific.

I have looked at the box set of these books and been interested but never heard from anyone who has read them.

Thanks for your information.

They are all very good but long and many more characters. I have read them twice and am now listening to the audio version while driving. Each time I hear something I missed previously.