Nether Edge history book now on sale

Lizziejampot

How well do you know Nether Edge?  Well, here are a few questions you might like to have a think about ....

• Which pioneering Victorian photographer, based in Nether Edge, captured a famous local disaster on film?
  • Who were the 'thimble ring and mallet scoundrels' and why were Nether Edge residents of the 1840's so wary of them?
  • What late Victorian national mania resulted in the formation of a Club at the bottom of Rundle Road?
  • In the First World War, what Nether Edge house became a receiving base for refugees?  And from which country did they come?

image.png.f279ba98c91c808007d4d4b2a26bf6a9.png

Fortunately all the answers to all these questions  - and much much more - are to be found in the Nether Edge History Group's brand new book, Aspects of Nether Edge

It's now on sale at £11.95 in local shops and will be available at our quarterly Farmers Market on Sunday, 3rd December.  If you can't get down to Nether Edge, then copies can be ordered via historygroup@netheredge.org.uk

• Like 1

I'm told that there might be a glitch with the email address (it works for some people but not for others, which is weird, but ....). If you've tried emailing and had no response, please do just message me and I'm more than happy to help.  

Been bowled over by the response to this book!  Selling like hot cakes is not an understatement  lol  

Sorry - we're all a bit giddy.