Berlins - bar and nightspot on Eyre Street

Sheffield History

Berlins Sheffield.jpg

Anyone remember Berlins on Eyre Street?

Here's a special offer that Berlins had on back in the day on the back of a bus or tram ticket (not sure which - post below if you know) for 3 bottles of Lamots Pils for £1. Free admission to get in, and then you could always nip next door to Gossips Wine Bar or the other way to Isabellas Nightclub if you preferred soul music.

Berlins was extremely popular at one time and almost 'the place to be' in Sheffield City Centre

The old phone number if you were a member of staff and wanted to remember it is Sheffield 759469

Berlins eh?

Anyone remember this place?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sheffield History said:

Here's a special offer that Berlins had on back in the day on the back of a bus or tram ticket (not sure which)

I can't remember Berlins Bar so I presume it is after my time in Sheffield so long after the trams finished in 1960.  It looks like a Setright ticket so unless things changed after I left the buses it would be a bus route operated out of Herries Road garage. (Unless the new trams used Setright but that doesn't seem likely)

7 hours ago, Sheffield History said:

Berlins Sheffield.jpg

Here's a special offer that Berlins had on back in the day on the back of a bus or tram ticket (not sure which - post below if you know) for 3 bottles of Lamots Pils for £1. Free admission to get in, and then you could always nip next door to Gossips Wine Bar or the other way to Isabellas Nightclub if you preferred soul music.

Berlins was extremely popular at one time and almost 'the place to be' in Sheffield City Centre

The old phone number if you were a member of staff and wanted to remember it is Sheffield 759469

Berlins eh?

They used to have a spin the wheel game which set the drinks offers for the next 30mins or something like that.

the place is still in use as a nightclub called code i think.

On 19/11/2017 at 10:29, Sheffield History said:

Berlins Sheffield.jpg

Berlins eh?

I used to work on the door at this venue it was a great night out here 

On 22/11/2017 at 10:47, Geordie Ward said:

I used to work on the door at this venue it was a great night out here 

I used to work next door at Gossips for a while

Every now and again would nip next door to see what was going on at Berlins

Was such great fun