Black Cat on City Road

rongrant2000

The building is still there isn’t it?

is it the one opposite st Aidan’s church which is now a church?

didnt it have something to do with Peter stringfellow 

Yes, the building is still there as you say.

The Black Cat was an early Stringfellow enterprise run by brothers Pete and Geoff, with the rest of the family helping out.

• Like 1

IT was St Aidens church hall , I used to go every week, one of the brothers would be taking your money at the door and as soon as you entered the main hall the smell of cheap hair lacquer hit you like a brick wall, I loved it.

On 14/11/2017 at 19:49, rongrant2000@msn.com said:

Anyone remember the Black Cat Club on City Road. 

Yes I used to go to the Black Cat Club. This is where the Beatles were booked to play, but after the booking they became so famous that the venue had to be changed to the Azena on White Lane. Fortunately I had a ticket. My only claim to fame is that I touch John Lennon. It was a fantastic show.

• Like 1

My mates and I used to to the Black Cat club, saw Freddie and the Dreamers there, very energetic act.

Saw The WHO there as well, my mate a drummer with the Nocturnes, exchange a symble with Keith Moon. 

Off we went with Srringfellow to the Blue Moon club on Johnson Street, that was his next club. 

Was there the night the floor started to collapse, while The Kinks were on stage.