In need of your help sheffielders/ yemeni steel worker

Islam Deen

Hi Sheffielders,

I am wondering whether you are able to help me. I am searching for a man in his late 40s. His father was a yemeni steelworker in sheffield in the 1960s. His father was called Abdul wahab saroori and went by the nickname fred.

His father worked at lillymans factory in the 60s and was a regular at alexandra pub on carlisle rd.

I am unaware of his mothers name however i do have a picture of her which i will leave a link below to see if anyome knows who she is. His mother is not yemeni but i am unaware of her ethnicity.

The man i am searching for was born in the late 1960s. I do not know hus name but he might have been known by the name kevin or kenneth however this information can be incorrect. I have herd that his father may have called him hy his arabic name yousif however i am not 100% sure.

His father use to live on penistone rd, Carlisle rd and later moved to darnall.

Please if anyone knows who any of the 3 may be pelase contact me as i am in desperate search. I have gone through everything you could possibly think of even private investigators twice which unfortunately was unsuccessful. 

If you are of part of the yemeni community, know the yemeni community or know anyone that may know the people in question please please share and ask.

Please share this post it will mean alot as i am running out of options. I will appreciate it alot.

I need closure, thank you x

Link of the boys mother: http://imgur.com/4jSQpVd

Link of thr boys father: http://imgur.com/YXjX3wi

CvApTqKXEAAbGtm.jpg

IMG-20161113-WA0008.jpg

Please if anyone knows anyone from the yemeni community or who know people who know the yemeni community please share or link this post to them. As well as any steel workers. 

Thank you

I doubt there are many Yemenis who view this site nor too many with links to that community...and Lilleyman's wasn't a steel works in the truest sense of the word. Have you tried looking at the local census for Penistone Road and Carlisle Street around the time ?

Hi,

I know that he was a steel worker as that was the reason he came from yemen to sheffield to work in the steel industry. 

However he had also worked at lillymans factory aswell.

And no i havent i will do that thank you for the advice.

I also thoughy it was a good idea to try reach out to non yemeni people aswell as yemeni. As i few people who knew the son of abdul has sadly passed away. So i am trying to see whether anyone else may have known abdul or the woman in the picture. Or maybe even his son. 

Thank you for your response 

Hi, I know AbdulWahab Saroori but I haven't seen him in many years. Not sure if he's passed away or moved to another area. Being half Yemeni myself I do have links to the yemeni community. I will inquire about him and his son and hopefully get some information for you. 

Nice photo of a piece of "metal bashing" machinery. ( MrsT  and her Government, as they destroyed so much of our industry, described too much of it as "metal bashing")