Junior Cup Final 1956 Bellhouse WMC v Marshals Sports

sando

image.jpegWhile having a sort out I came across this photo of The Juior Cup Final, held on Easter Monday 1956, Bellhouse WMC v Marshals Sports. I am not sure of the location, but it could be United old training ground off east bank road. What a crowd, some league clubs would be happy with that level of support.

Don't know about anyone else, but when I clicked on the original image twice to enlarge it in a new window it righted itself :huh:, otherwise I would have corrected it yesterday.

Not that I know where it is. I assume that the ground off East Bank Road mentioned by Sando is the Ball Inn Ground on Myrtle Road (now gone). My recollection of this from about 40 years ago, when my dad used to take me to watch the Northern Intermediate League games between United & Wednesday is that the pitch ran parallel to Myrtle Road. The houses in the background don't look right either.

Hi

I can confirm the ground was the old B&C Co-op ground which from memory was behind the co-op milk depot at the top of Bellhouse Road. Its some years since I was on that ground, and I assume it is now built on.

A lot of local finals were played at that ground over the years.

For your information, Bellhouse Road WMC won the game, but I have not got the score in my records.

Chris Eyre (Sheffield & Hallamshire CFA historian)

• Like 1