Blacksmiths at Meadowhead?

LeadFarmer

This photo appears on eBay quite often, but I can't work out where this Blacksmiths would have bene located. The photo states its at 'Meadowhead Woodseats'. Anyone any idea please?

s-l1600.jpg

53 minutes ago, ayfer said:

It's where the car park of the abbey pub is now. The house in the background is in Bromwich road.

According to street view, the house in the background is no.3 Bromwich Road. I would imagine that the road junction shown in the above image might well have led into Abbey Lane, once upon a time, and that it has since been realigned, possibly sometime after the Abbey Hotel was built. Excellent photograph though. I've not seen it before.

Image no.s06950 on the Picture Sheffield site shows both, the newly built addition to the Abbey Hotel and the blacksmith's shop alongside.

5 hours ago, rob123 said:

And who was Daredevil Dorothy ?

Dorothy Montrose.  A high-spirited Australian damsel, played by Miss Kathleen Garnon, one of Henry Swinerd's company.  The play, a musical comedy novelty was presented for the first time in Sheffield at the Theatre Royal in August 1905, though it had been on tour for 6 years.

11 hours ago, ayfer said:

It's where the car park of the abbey pub is now. The house in the background is in Bromwich road.

Bye crikey, your right. And that house on Bromwich Rd still stands today..

s-l1600.jpg&key=499f3914d99fc695494431b2

Screen Shot 2017-10-16 at 23.58.39.png

11 hours ago, Unitedite Returns said:

Image no.s06950 on the Picture Sheffield site shows both, the newly built addition to the Abbey Hotel and the blacksmith's shop alongside.

And it looks like that house on Bromwich Rd is in the process of being built when the Abbey pub was having its extension built..

s06950.jpg