Help required in identifying another Sheffield location

Unitedite Returns

I wonder as to whether anyone can help me once again, in identifying yet another Sheffield location?

The annoying thing is that I am sure that I know the new, flat roofed building (marked with arrow), from somewhere, but as much as I rack my memory, I cannot place it at all.

PT300-Sheffield Transport No.226 at - Web Copy.jpg

It looks a bit like Millhouses. The road to the right would be Hastings Road. The trees in the far distance would be Millhouses park. Its a pity there isn't more visible on the left of the shot. The Milhouses pub should be right there. The flat building would have to have been replaced by the current block containing Majestic Wines, Vets4Pets etc.

I'm only half convinced!

Ayfer

2 hours ago, ayfer said:

It looks a bit like Millhouses. The road to the right would be Hastings Road. The trees in the far distance would be Millhouses park. Its a pity there isn't more visible on the left of the shot. The Milhouses pub should be right there. The flat building would have to have been replaced by the current block containing Majestic Wines, Vets4Pets etc.

I'm only half convinced!

Ayfer

Thanks for your help, and I think you are correct. There is a picture of the white building on the Picture Sheffield website, (s35464). It's amazing really as to how, one prompt, offered by another can bring back your own memories. The reason as to why the flat-roofed building was so familiar to me, is now very clear indeed. The single story section of the white building, (the bit at this end) used to house Millhouses Fisheries. I must have stared at that flat-roofed building umpteen times, from the car window, as a youngster, whilst my father went into the chip-shop for our treat for tea, after a trip to Millhouses Park. All of course now swept away, as you rightly point out.