Whereabouts in Norton?

LeadFarmer

I have this photo of Norton in Sheffield but i not entirely sure exactly where this location is. Anyone care to guess?

s-l1600.jpg

What a splendid image. Comparing to images in Picture Sheffield I think it is Little Norton Lane:

Similar viewpoint in the 1960s

Looking the other way

And an old map with modern imagery, the cottages being to the left of the village name.

http://maps.nls.uk/geo/explore/side-by-side/#zoom=17&lat=53.3313&lon=-1.4735&layers=176&right=BingHyb

My Grans uncle Joseph Benson was born in a cottage in Norton. He was an Alderman and Sheffield Lord Mayor for a few years but died about 1925. I have seen a newspaper photo of similar cottages, stating that this is where he was born, could be the same ones, but taken from the other end of the cottages.

Looking at the link to the photo of the cottages from the other end,  they are the same cottages on Little Norton Lane where Joseph Benson was born. He came from a poor family and taught himself to read and write, worked in a builders yard as a child but went on to become Lord Mayor. 

43 minutes ago, madannie77 said:

What a splendid image. Comparing to images in Picture Sheffield I think it is Little Norton Lane:

Similar viewpoint in the 1960s

Looking the other way

And an old map with modern imagery, the cottages being to the left of the village name.

http://maps.nls.uk/geo/explore/side-by-side/#zoom=17&lat=53.3313&lon=-1.4735&layers=176&right=BingHyb

That does look identical. 

s38888.jpg

s-l1600.jpg&key=1348e31a45329a472c5e301f

Today on Little Norton Lane there is an alleyway called Serpentine Walk, which provides access to Graves Park. Ive read elsewhere that some of the stone in the wall is from the cottages that once stood there, or even from Park Farm? Serpentine Walk can be seen to the left of this image below, which is I assume todays view of the same spot..

59dfaf5b12602_ScreenShot2017-10-12at19_06_56.png.7e657975ea7731ebda0c3d5a0b3d9ffa.png