John Pearson - Sheffield Wednesday Striker

Sheffield History

22282079_10154724409411415_3273537499169542766_n.jpg

Great photo here of John Pearson smashing in the second goal against Leeds United at Hillsborough.

What a great player John was and he's now a firm favourite of Owls fans for his commentaries too.

What's your memories of this fella?

On 09/10/2017 at 10:04, Sheffield History said:

22282079_10154724409411415_3273537499169542766_n.jpg

Great photo here of John Pearson smashing in the second goal against Leeds United at Hillsborough.

What a great player John was and he's now a firm favourite of Owls fans for his commentaries too.

What's your memories of this fella?

Regrettably I must have been out of contact during his time. Love his match commentaries.

I remember Mark (Pancho) Pearson though. Mini dynamo with a mean streak.

I have lots of memories of JP.  He got his chance when Terry Curran got a ban following his sending off, (which triggered the Oldham Riot), in September 1980.  JP scored the winner in a 1-0 win over QPR at Hillsborough the following week.  Although I'm not sure whether that was actually his Wednesday debut.

Always a little bit in the shadow of Andy Mac during his time at Hillsborough, but who wouldn't have been?  Andy Mac was close to being the perfect player for a couple of years.  Never gave less than 100℅, never put a foot wrong.

JP's move to Charlton saw him at his peak.  He scored a shedfull for them.

Big mates with Keith Edwards he is.  Both at Leeds together, and later Radio Sheffield.

I've played golf with Keith Edwards a hundred times, (don't worry, we used to give him plenty), and this summer, just gone, I played Captains Day at Beauchief Golf Club with JP.  Took me four holes to realise it was THE John Pearson.  Which was quite an improvement on two weeks earlier, when it took me 8 holes at Abbeydale to realise I was playing with THE Chris Woods!

By the way . . . . . . . . . .

how many times do I have to apply to join OwlsTalk, before some fascist stops deleting my applications, and someone else, (sometime this millennium) actually validates my account?