Vulcan penknife

Adrian Cook

Hi everyone .been out and about and spent a few nuggets on this penknife and am now trying to get date of manufacture on it  as near as i can .its a  Vulcan T.Ellin .sheffield 2 blade one spring kife .looks like horn scales .any help would be fantastic.thanks.

20170930_135213.jpg

20170930_135113.jpg

20170930_135019.jpg

• Like 1

Thats what i thought.originally i thought it was bland but now after a longer look at it i love the green tinge and how the colours flow together.

They are still at Syvester works in the 1925 directory, but now shown as a limited (Ltd.) company.

"Thomas Ellin & Co Limited, cutlery manufacturers, Sylvester works, Arundel Street."'

1862 directory.

Ellin Thomas & Co., merchants, steel converters,  and  table,  butcher,  &c.,  knife mnfrs., Sylvester Works, Arundel Street. ; and steel forgers and rollers, Vulcan Works, Bennett lane,  South Street.,  and New York.

Thanks for all your help .someone might come in with the answer I'm looking for or maybe not but any way thanks for all theinfo given???

So many cutlers in sheffield .just didn't realise how many .love this forum . One day going to have to visit sheffield  Don't really venture outside essex very much .but did take my grandson to norwich uni last weekend.so getting closer.cheers.