Is this the perfect Sheffield meal?

Sheffield History

21616401_10212758252326789_6329687839323778718_n.jpg

All it needs is a bit of Hendo's splashed all over it and we have the perfect Sheffield meal here.

Wonder which cafe's would have sold this over the years?

Chips look nicely golden brown, but pie pastry looks a bit anaemic. Must be a Southern Softie's interpretation as to how a pie crust must appear.

I must agree with danny1958, i've never seen this anywhere i've been either. I can understand Bread with the Chips if you're making a Butty, but I mean, Bread with Pastry ??  Yes! Pie, Chips and Mushy Peas, but in a carton, dish or on a plate with gravy on, so you can at least eat it with a fork. I also agree with Unitedite Returns that the Pie looks positively under cooked, I'd have sent it back.

On ‎20‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 19:02, SteveHB said:

There was something similar on a recent BBC programme about family life in last century...I think it was called a Wigan Pastie.:blink:

I saw something a little similar on a recent BBC TV series about working class family life in last century.I think the dish was called a Wigan Pasty. Whatever, it looked positively delicious!!! 

On 3/15/2018 at 10:47, lysander said:

I think they called it a Wigan Kebab they have two types a pie on a bread cake or three pies on a stick