What do we know about this place?

Sheffield History

s17128.jpg

Zoom in on this fantastic photograph of Sheffield City Centre.

What can we find out about this street? The businesses and buildings and whereabouts it is

Let's see what info we can come up with...

First left after the Travellers pub going down The Moor, I think, Hereford Street. The first junction on the right would be Ellin Street where the chest x-ray department was in an old chapel. Straight on you would come to East Bank bus garage via Charlotte Road.

58 minutes ago, Sheffield History said:

So where would the photographer have been stood to take this photo and which direction is he facing?

The photographer would be right at the end of Hereford Street at the junction of The Moor, the other frontage of that furniture shop to the left is on The Moor. Hereford Street runs/ran roughly South East, over the rooftops in the distance would be the Norfolk Park area. I use to walk in virtually a straight line from there to East Bank bus garage. I think this would put the photographer roughly where the litter bin is on this photo'.                          (C)        -----------------         https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.3744586,-1.4751585,3a,75y,98.29h,94.39t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sElUtEthnxKs9MqTWsKd4MA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656     

moor.png

3 minutes ago, boginspro said:

Sorry to duplicate   SteveHB    we must have been typing at the same time.

No apologies needed, your explanation is more detailed than mine was, so I removed the one I posted ;-)